At present the requirements for the power systems reliability are constantly increasing. This is caused by insufficient power supply, an increase of the number of elements and decomposition of the concurrent technological processes of generation, transmission and consumption of energy. Besides, rise in the cost of electric energy and complication of the power system’s structure, emerging of new elements that can both consume and generate energy leads to the necessity of application of new energy-saving technologies increasing effectiveness of the processes of generation, consumption and distribution of energy.
A modern power system is a single complicated multiply connected dynamic system of “generation-transmission-consumption” operating under the conditions of uncertainty. This inhibits the effective solution of the power system control problem by the existing methods and requires development of new structural and algorithmic approaches. Solution of this problem would have a positive effect on the whole Russian economy and on the specific sector of power industry. So reduction of the number of faults and energy unit shutdowns, and minimizing the cases of insufficient energy production will have a positive effect on reliability of the power system. Use of state of the art technological developments would increase the effectiveness of the processes of generation, consumption and distribution of energy.
Features of Intelligent Control for Power Systems
Application areas: the obtained results can be used in creation of the modern power systems.
Distinctive features: reduction of influence of fault and critical modes on the quality and stability of the power system and optimization of power consumption.
Advantages over other approaches: increase of the system’s stability in all the modes of operation, increase in effectiveness and safety of the power system in extraordinary and emergency situations, by reduction of the influence of specific power equipment on the general reliability of the power grid.
Examples of implementation of the proposed approaches to power systems control and energy distribution
1. Shevchenko, V.A., Pshikhopov, V.K., Medvedev, M.Y. Multilevel control system of the power grid // Advanced Materials Research, 2014, 1049-1050, pp. 736-742.
2. Shevchenko, V.A., Medvedev, M.Y., Pshikhopov, V.Kh., Method of distributing the loading coefficient within a segment of a power grid. [Internet resource] // Inzhenerny vestnik dona, No.4 , 2015.
3. Pivnev V.V., Basan S.N., Aspects of processes reversibility in linear electrical circuits of the second order [Internet resource] // Inzhenerny vestnik dona, No. 4, 2013.
4. Shevchenko, V.A., Development. Рroceedings of ecos 2013 — the 26th international conference on efficiency, cost, optimization, simulation and environmental impact of energy systems
5. E.U. Kosenko, A.Ya. Nomerchuk, I.O.Shapovalov, Intelligent control of distributed heterogeneous power systems// Izvestiya SFEDU. Technical sciences, No.1(150), 2014, pp. 63-69.
6. Medvedev M.Yu, Pshikhopov V.Kh., Shevchenko V.A., Basic algorithms of adaptive control for synchronous generator with a reference model [Internet resource] // «Inzhenerny vestnik dona», 2015, No.4.
7. Victor Shevchenko, Viacheslav Pshikhopov, Mikhail Medvedev Adaptive control of DC drive // Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Engineering Management and Industrial Technology (ICEMIT2015).
8. V.Kh.Pshikhopov, M.U.Medvedev, V.E.Belaev, N.K.Poluyanovich
9. V.Kh.Pshikhopov, M.U.Medvedev, A.R.Gaiduk, V.A.Shevchenko, Power saving control for an electric train under the conditions of heterogeneous profile of the track// Izvestiya SFEDU. Technical sciences. – 2013. No.3(140).