Source of financing: state task of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science for the higher education institutions in the sphere of R&D works.
Annotation: As a result of performed research, we developed motion control methods for unmanned underwater vehicles UAVs in normal and extreme conditions and path planning algorithms for robotic UAVs. The achieved results let an UAV to dock automatically to an underwater base station. A two stage docking procedure is implemented. The procedure should account for configuration of underwater apparatus (number and location of movers, rudders). Besides the external disturbances are taken into consideration. The method of stability estimation guaranties that docking will be completed despite the existing limitations and the UAV will proceed from the dock approaching process to the docking process itself.
Source of financing: 2011-2015.
Annotation: currently the process of human or cargoes transportation is accompanied by such unpleasant factors as emission of greenhouse gasses; usage of organic fuel; growing transportation cost caused by the increased fuel cost and expenditures on neutralization of ecologically harmful effects; high cost of building and maintaining the infrastructure (railroads, highways, airports). This results in traffic jams, the infrastructure occupies ground areas, noise pollution, and growing costs. There is a need for a new ecological transport.
Goals and tasks:
- development of the most effective structure of the lens-shaped airship-cruiser capable of non-stop functioning and of long distance travelling;
- development of most effective engines for the shuttle and cruiser joined in the system cruiser-shuttle;
- minimization of detrimental effects on the environment, full energy autonomy;
- development of control system allowing for the system’s unmanned autonomous operation and significantly facilitating control in a piloted mode; and
- development of cruiser-shuttle automatic docking system guarantying comfort and safety for passengers.
3) Development of theory and methods of creation of intelligent position-path control systems for vehicles under the conditions of uncertainty
Source of financing: Russian scientific foundation grant
Annotation: Perspectives of application of vehicles for solution of military and civil tasks require that they should be developed as autonomous systems. The control systems for such vehicles should solve the tasks of planning and motion control under the conditions of environmental uncertainty. This makes it essential to develop a theory and methods of intelligent motion control.
Project goal is to develop theory and methods of design and research of systems for path-planning, control and navigation based on methods of position-path control and intelligent technologies.
The object of the research is the systems of position-path control for vehicles.
The subject of the research is the methods of intelligent path-planning based on neural-like structures, methods of building neural-like and fuzzy position-path motion control algorithms, and methods of intelligent control for actuators.
4) Research and development of adaptation methods for position-path control systems for vehicles
Source of financing: Russian scientific foundation grant
Time frame: 2013-2015
Development of synthesis method for indirect adaptive control systems for vehicles distinguishable by using robust methods of estimation of disturbances.
Development of synthesis methods of direct adaptive control systems for vehicles using robust methods of disturbances estimation and free of limitations connected to the requirements of the separation theorem.
5) Development of robust vehicle control method under the conditions of unmeasured disturbances based on block Lyapunov functions
Source of financing: grant of the President of Russian Federation for state support of young scientists.
Time frame: 2013-2014.
Method of robust control of a vehicle accounting for limitations on control actions and state variables.
The conditions are presented in a form of sector limitations for the right-hand sides of the object’s model equations. Satisfaction of these conditions ensures asymptotic stability of the closed-loop systems.
Practical implementation and experimental research of the developed methods and approaches using the vehicle prototypes.
6) Theory and vehicle control methods for the conditions of uncertainty
Source of financing: grant of the President of Russia.
Time frame: 2012-2015.
7) Theory and methods of energy saving control for distributed systems of generation transport and consumption of energy
Source of financing: project section of the internal grant of Southern Federal University
Annotation: In the process of work we developed a generalized structure of an intelligent electric grid; a structure of the coordinating control system and a monitoring system for the power grid and a structure of an intelligent control system; mathematical model of the power system; algorithms of coordinating control of frequency and power of the electric grid, adaptive algorithms of the local frequency and power controllers, intellectual algorithms sustaining systems functionality in emergency situations. Algorithms of estimation of structural parametric and external disturbances; generalized structures and control algorithms for the local and coordinating level of the power system, methods and algorithms of synthesis of decentralized control systems for intelligent power grids.
The research object is the decentralized structure of a distributed intelligent control system for a power system including various types of sources, distributed substations, transmission and consumer systems.
- increasing the operation quality and stability of the power system in the critical modes;
- increasing reliability, effectiveness and safety of the electrical grid; and
- decentralization of energy generation and optimization of consumption.
8) Theoretical foundations and development methods for intelligent control systems of distributed control of autonomous groups of robots.
Sources of financing: grant of the Russian scientific foundation
Time frame 2016-2018.
Annotation: At the present time the control task for robot systems is solved in a number of ways. Generally these objects can operate in a remote control mode, or can move autonomously from one point to another with a preset speed. So the task of control and navigation is solved at the level of units and devices for specific environments. The main problems of development of vehicle control and navigation systems are related to their autonomous functioning in uncertain environments in groups and at presence of a-priory unknown mobile and stationary environments. For functioning under the conditions of uncertainty, the robots should have an advanced intelligent path-planning system allowing for avoidance of obstacles and conflict zones. Besides, under such conditions the system should be capable of estimating the goals reachability and of selecting a performance criterion. When functioning in a group a top priority task is to assigning and reassigning the goals and functions among the separate group elements and the top hierarchical level.
Project goal: is the development of theoretical foundations and methods of development of intelligent systems of decentralized control for autonomous groups of robots ensuring solution of the tasks of patrolling the set regions and acting on stand-alone and group goals spatially distributed under the conditions of uncertain and dynamically changing environment. The set goal is reached using bionic approaches including neural networking technologies, fuzzy logic, unstable modes, and a number of heuristic methods used for cohering the action of the elements of multi-agent systems.
In the project it is planned to solve the following tasks:
- development of methods of decentralized control for groups of dynamic vehicles in 2D and 3D environments with stationary and mobile obstacles or conflicting zones based on using both stable and unstable motion modes;
- proving of presence of asymptotically stable motion trajectories for groups of vehicles in 2D and 3D environments with stationary and mobile obstacles or conflict zones, using unstable motion modes and decentralized control;
- development of the path-planning methods for the groups of dynamic vehicles in 2D and 3D environments with stationary and mobile obstacles or conflict zones, based on genetic search principles.
- development and research of methods and models of group control of self-organizing robotic systems and decision making systems in uncertain dynamically changing environments;
- development of methods of neural networking group control and goal allocation in 2D and 3D environments with stationary and mobile obstacles and conflicting environments;
- development of a prototype of a decentralized control system for a group of robotic quadcopters ensuring search detection, distribution and action on emitting goals in a 3D environment with stationary and nonstationary obstacles.
9) Development of theoretical foundations for building and research of control systems for vehicles operating in a-priory non-formalized environments using unstable modes.
Source of financing: grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research
Time frame: 2010-2012.
10) Development of desing principles and research methods for autonomous robotic complexes based on lighter than air aircrafts operating in a-priory non-formalized environments
Source of financing: grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
11) Contract work:
- contract work commissioned by the Russian Defense Ministry “Development of a pilot project for design of a navigation system, control system, communication system and a data transmission system for an unmanned stratospheric airship for prolonged patrolling in informational support of aerospace defense”, 2012-2015;
- contract work commissioned by the Russian Ministry of Defense “Development of a Design Project for a series of perspective AUVs”, 2013-2014
- contract work commissioned by the municipal authorities “Automatic Control System for the street lighting system of the city of Apsheronsk”, 2009;
- contract work commissioned by the Russian Ministry of Defense “Research of the possibilities of creation of a control system for an autonomous stratospheric airship for prolonged patrolling”, 2007-2009.
- contract work commissioned by the Russian Ministry of Defense “Development of a method for testing aviation complexes and systems”, 2010.
- contract work commissioned by the Russian Ministry of Defense “Development of a system of information coupling of a battle helicopter and a remote control flying vehicle”, 2010.
- contract work commissioned by the construction bureau of ocean technologies at the Presidium of Russian Academy of Sciences “Development of an integrated system of navigation and motion control for AUVs”, 2010.
- contract work commissioned by the Chinese Airspace Agency of Hunang through the mediation of Federal State Unitary Enterprise “Rosoboronexport
”, “Development of a system for control, navigation, and communication for a prototype of an unmanned stratospheric airship”, 2011-2013.